How to Prepare
- Do you provide seating?
- The production is lawn seating, so bring a blanket or low-back chairs. High-back chairs will be placed behind low-back chairs and patrons on blankets. A limited amount of special needs seating is available. Note: There is no bleacher seating available at Rockwood Park.
- What time does the box office open?
- Tickets may be purchased at the door beginning one hour and fifteen minutes prior to the production. (6:15 p.m. for evening performances, 4:45 p.m. for matinees) Cash, personal checks, and credit cards will be accepted for payment. Please note: There is a service charge for credit card payments.
- How do I get to the Festival?
- The Festival is located at Rockwood Park at the corner of Shipley Road and Washington Street Extension in Wilmington, Delaware, just off of exit 9 of I-95. For a map and driving directions, click here.
- Do you offer discounts for students or groups?
- Yes. Student tickets are $13. Click here to learn more about group sales.
- What kind of access do you provide to the disabled and those with limited mobility?
- The entire Festival area is wheelchair accessible. It is necessary to traverse a gravel walkway and a grass lawn. The seating area is a grass lawn.
- Are children welcome?
- Yes, especially on Family Nights (Sunday performances). We strive to make Delaware Shakespeare Festival productions appropriate for audiences of all ages, but we realize every family must set their own guidelines. If you have questions about a play’s subject matter or language, please contact us, and one of our staff will call and discuss whether it is appropriate for your children.
- Do you provide childcare?
- Currently the Delaware Shakespeare Festival does not have a partner that specializes in childcare. If you are interested providing this service, please contact us for further discussion.
- What should I wear?
- In the late summer, Delaware at twilight can begin warm and stay that way, or just as easily cool rapidly after the sun sets. Please check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly.
- Unfortunately, mosquitoes can be fans of Shakespeare too. We encourage you to use bug repellent. Complimentary spray cans are available for use at the box office.
- May I bring food?
- Yes, we encourage you to picnic before or during the show.
- May I bring alcoholic beverages?
- The Delaware Shakespeare Festival does not serve alcohol at the Festival. If you are of-age, please note that neither the Delaware Shakespeare Festival or Rockwood Park and New Castle County are liable for any use or misuse of alcohol during or after a Festival performance.
- Do you have a concession stand?
- Yes. Please visit our concession stand for souvenir t-shirts and light refreshments.
- Can I buy a meal?
- If you don’t have time to pack a picnic, a selection of sandwiches from Janssen’s Market will be available.
- Do you have restrooms?
- Port-a-potties (wheelchair accessible) are available at the back of the lawn.
- Is it okay to smoke?
- Smoking is prohibited on the grounds of Rockwood Park.
- May I use my cell phone or pager? Is there a pay phone?
- As a courtesy to our actors and audience, cell phones and pagers must be on silent during the performances. We do not prohibit phones on the grounds, but all calls must be answered away from the performance space.
- May I take photos?
- The use of any type of camera or audio recorder during the performance is strictly prohibited unless authorized in advance by the Delaware Shakespeare Festival. Feel free to snap pictures of yourself, your friends, and the grounds while picnicking prior to the show.
- What if it rains?
- Summer showers in Delaware can revert to blue skies in a matter of minutes. The DSF staff will call a 20 minute rain delay, if necessary. If it is not possible to continue, the performance will be canceled and vouchers will be issued for a later date.
Last updated: July 15, 2014
Make your plans now to join us at the Festival for Shakespeare's masterpiece Macbeth.
Get your tickets to the Festival today using our online ticketing system through Tix.com.
You can support DSF by buying items from our online gift shop at CafePress.