Festival Schedule & Activities
Wednesday – Saturday Performances
6:15 pm – Gates Open
6:30 pm - Live Pre-show Music (Set 1)/Wandering Bards Begin
6:50 pm - Shakespeare Orientation
7:10 pm - Live Pre-show Music (Set 2)/Wandering Bards Continue
7:30 pm – The Two Gentlemen of Verona
Sunday Performances (Family Night!)
4:45 pm – Gates Open
5:00 pm - Live Pre-show Music (Set 1)/Wandering Bards Begin
5:20 pm - Shakespeare Orientation
5:40 pm - Live Pre-show Music (Set 2)/Wandering Bards Continue
6:00 pm - The Two Gentlemen of Verona
There is so much to do at the Festival!
- Picnicking on the grounds
- Every night. We encourage you to bring blankets and low-backed chairs for general admission lawn seating. Bring a picnic and dine while the Festival begins.
Or, on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays during the 2103 Festival, buy your dinner from the Midnight Munchies Food Truck (burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers, hand-cut fries, and more!).
- Live Pre-Show Music
- Every night: one hour prior to showtime. Local musicians provide lovely entertainment while you picnic.
- Wandering Bards
- Every night: one hour prior to showtime. Members of DSF’s College Apprentice Program travel through the audience, entertaining small groups with Shakespeare games and improvisations.
- Show Orientation
- Every night: 40 minutes prior to showtime. Two actors from the production offer insight to the evening’s play and allow time for a question and answer session with the audience.
- Children’s Activities
- Family Nights (Sundays). Bring your children early to enjoy various Shakespearean-themed arts and crafts at our Children’s Activity Tent. Tent remains open during the performance!