Festival Schedule & Activities
Wednesday – Saturday Performances
6:15 pm – Gates Open
6:30 pm - Live Pre-show Music
6:50 pm - Shakespeare Orientation
7:05 pm - Comedy Pre-show
7:30 pm – The Taming of the Shrew
Sunday Performances (Family Night!)
4:45 pm – Gates Open
5:00 pm - Live Pre-show Music
5:20 pm - Shakespeare Orientation
5:35 pm - Comedy Pre-show
6:00 pm – The Taming of the Shrew
There is so much to do at the Festival!
- Picnicking on the grounds
- Every night. We encourage you to bring blankets and low-backed chairs for general admission lawn seating. Bring a picnic and dine while the Festival begins. If you don’t have time to pack a picnic, a selection of sandwiches from Janssen’s Market will be available!
- Live Pre-Show Music
- Every night: one hour prior to showtime. Local musicians provide lovely entertainment while you picnic.
- Show Orientation
- Every night: 40 minutes prior to showtime. Two actors from the production offer insight to the evening’s play and allow time for a question and answer session with the audience.
- Comedy Pre-show
- Every night: 25 minutes prior to showtime. Members of DSF’s College Apprentice Program perform an original comedy sketch inspired by The Taming of the Shrew.
- Children’s Activities
- Family Nights (Sundays). Bring your children early to enjoy various Shakespearean-themed arts and crafts at our Children’s Activity Tent. Tent remains open during the performance!