Mission, Vision, and Values
Delaware Shakespeare Festival is a professional theatre company dedicated to making Shakespeare accessible and fun by presenting affordable, high-quality classical theatre and education programs to the residents and visitors of the greater Delaware Valley.
We envision DSF becoming a top-notch performing arts institution unlike anything else
in the Delaware Valley. We aim to create a multifaceted, festival atmosphere that will
immerse a diverse and democratic audience in the magic and miracle of live theatre.
While maintaining intimacy and accessibility, DSF will continually work to enhance the
entirety of the Festival experience – giving our audience choices in food, entertainment,
and education activities while constantly raising the artistic quality of the performances. We envision DSF becoming an event where family,
friends, and individuals alike feel welcome and at home. We envision an 18 year-old girl
attending the Festival and talking about the mask she made ten years ago at Romeo and
Juliet and still has on her wall. We envision Shakespeare himself walking the grounds
and feeling like he fits right in – in a raucous world full of beauty and laughter where
great art is experienced and cherished by all.
- We believe that quality, professional, live, raucous, classical theatre as
Shakespeare intended can be affordable, accessible, and fun for all.
- We believe in creating an informal, family-friendly, event-like atmosphere for our
- We believe in engaging audience members from all ages of life through Festival
offerings and educational outreach.
- As a dynamic, evolving arts organization, we believe in smart growth.
- We believe in establishing a respectful, creatively exciting atmosphere that
nurtures artists and artistic growth.